I made a little wooden dinosaur on my band saw. I googled for a stegosaurus outline, and printed out one of the first results, then glued that to a board to use for my cutting line. I sanded it some, softened the edges with a dremel and finished with mineral oil.
I built a mini trebuchet out of some scrap wood from around the garage. It works, but I need to tune the string length and the weight to get it to throw better.
I cut the wheels out with a hole saw on my drill press. The pieces are all connected together with dowels.
I made Simon a giraffe pull toy on wheels for him to play with. The main part is all spray painted plywood. I cut it out using a jig saw and just followed a simple line drawing I made on the piece of wood.
I masked the whole thing off with masking tape and cut out some shapes to paint for the spots.
The wheels were 3d printed and press fit on to a dowel. The dowel can spin where it crosses through the legs, but it is still a little tight and doesn’t roll that great yet.
I made Simon a little wooden toy car, it’s kind of like one of the pinewood derby cars. I cut it out from scrap 2×4 and 3d printed the wheels.
I tried using nails first, but I couldn’t find any with a good fit. Simon was getting too impatient at the store, so I bought a multi-box, but didn’t have any luck with what was in it. I ended up using some small screws instead.