Simon Falling Over

Simon started walking just a couple weeks ago. He is getting better everyday, but sometimes falls over. The weather has been nice lately, so we have been spending more time in the yard. I was lucky enough to catch him topple on video and made a little gif.

Simon

3d Printed Bicycle Light Mount

Simon on the new Baby Bicycle Seat

I got a new baby bike seat for my bicycle which came with a new rack. The baby seat blocks the view of my taillight which I kept on the seat post, so I needed a new mount to go on the rack. I found a nice design on thingiverse which matched my Cygolite and printed out a copy.

3d Printed Bicycle Rack Taillight Mount

The light had a good fit and even clicked in.

Taillight

Giraffe Pull Toy

Simon’s Giraffe Toy

I made Simon a giraffe pull toy on wheels for him to play with. The main part is all spray painted plywood. I cut it out using a jig saw and just followed a simple line drawing I made on the piece of wood.

I masked the whole thing off with masking tape and cut out some shapes to paint for the spots.

The wheels were 3d printed and press fit on to a dowel. The dowel can spin where it crosses through the legs, but it is still a little tight and doesn’t roll that great yet.

Small Kids Chair

I built Simon a small chair for him to have on the patio next to ours. He won’t sit still yet, but maybe someday.

Simon’s New Chair

I made a simple design based on the scrap wood I had from other projects.

There are two rectangles for the seat and back with pocket hole joints. I used the little oval fillers to help hide them. The sides were similar, but with some overhang to make the feet stick out.

Chair parts

I just guessed at measurements that seemed reasonable and in good proportion based on the sizes of scrap wood available. It’s about 11 in tall and 7in wide.

Seat Slats

The slats were made from the edges I had ripped off of some 2×4 when squaring them for another project. They were thick enough to hold a little kid.

I drilled holes and hammered in dowels to attach the seat and back to the sides. There wasn’t enough room for pocket holes.

Chair bottom

I sanded it all down before the assembly and then again afterwards. I finished with spray paint and clear coat.

Finished Chair