I made a little wooden dinosaur on my band saw. I googled for a stegosaurus outline, and printed out one of the first results, then glued that to a board to use for my cutting line. I sanded it some, softened the edges with a dremel and finished with mineral oil.
I made a wooden spatula today with purpleheart and maple wood. I cut out some smaller blocks of similar thickness and glued them together. Afterwards, I resawed it on the bandsaw to make it a little thinner. I used the spatula Amanda liked as a template and traced it on to paper which I glued to the wooden blocks.
Next I cut out the shape on the bandsaw and sanded for awhile. I finished the spatula with mineral oil.
Amanda gave me a band saw for my birthday, so for practice I drew and cut out letters to make a sign.
I spray painted the letters and finished the back with tung oil. The letters are attached with brad nails from the back.